Women’s Drug Rehab in New York
Drug addiction affects men and women in different ways. Treatment can be particularly difficult for women because they tend to have less support than men do, and may have a hard time committing if they have responsibilities. As women have special needs, the support of other women during rehab makes attending an exclusive treatment program a great option.
Women-only treatment programs are offered in inpatient and outpatient settings. The inpatient treatment is available 24/7 in a residential rehab center. Inpatient rehab is perfect for women who have a severe addiction and need intensive treatment in a safe, supportive environment. On the other hand, outpatient treatment takes place on a part-time basis and is better suited for women who have responsibilities they cannot ignore. Our recommended women’s drug rehabs in New York and out-of-state offer the solution that you need.
Reasons to Choose a Women’s Rehab Center
Gender-specific drug rehab attends to the social, biological differences as well as personal motivations for drug use. This is because the root cause of drug addiction differs widely between men and women. A center with an individualized rehab program is important to recovery. Women’s drug rehab in New York and out-of-state is available to help when on the road to recovery. Here are a few reasons you may want to consider a women-only rehab program:
- Treatment approach: A whole-person approach is the most effective way of treating women with addiction. It addresses the physical and psychological nuances of addiction as well as the spiritual and social aspects. Treatment centers for women typically offer therapies to address any emotional or sexual traumas that may have contributed to the addiction as well as eating disorders, family issues, body image, or self-esteem issues.
- Supportive therapy: Women are naturally emotional. Thus, having a supportive and empathetic therapist and a support group of other women who are battling similar addictions is crucial to recovery. Research has shown that supportive therapy works better in women compared to individual therapy.
- Pregnancy: Using drugs in utero exposes not just the woman but also her developing fetus to the substance. This exposure results in serious long-term effects on the child. It could also turn fatal. Pregnant addicts need a treatment program that understands the unique challenges they face. As pregnancy can make addiction treatment more difficult, specialized treatment is needed to keep mother and child health.
- Parenting help: Motherhood is already difficult without addiction. Women trying to get clean will need some of the pressure so that they can concentrate on getting better. Studies have shown that mothers whose children stayed with them during rehab were more likely to see the treatment through to completion. For those who have little family support, on-site childcare services may be their only option during rehab.
- Staff: The gender of the treatment professionals at a rehab center for women matters a lot. Treatments centers that are exclusive to women have staff that is experienced in caring for them. The staff understands the nuances of addiction in women and develop the best individual plan for recovery.
- Gender-exclusive relapse risks: Several gender-exclusive relapse risks are best handled by a rehab center for women. These include low self-esteem, childhood trauma, sexual assault, eating disorders associated with drug use, and ending relationships with partners who are drug users.
Finding New York Women’s Drug Treatment
Drug addiction is very different in women. Surely, women, compared to men feel the individual effects of the problem very differently. If you or a female loved one has a drug problem, there is help. At Mid Hudson Addiction Recovery, you will have the opportunity to attend a women-only rehab center to further your chances of achieving long-term recovery.
If you live in New York or the surrounding areas, we have just the right resources for you. In other words, you do not have to travel far away to access a women’s only rehab center. Call our addiction helpline for a free assessment today.
Addiction Resources for New York
Residents of New York searching for addiction help now have plenty of resources to fight substance abuse. Our team of professionals is here to guide and support you during this difficult time. We work with a variety of Hudson Valley addiction treatment programs personalized to fit your needs:
Heroin Detox in New York
Alcohol Detox in New York
Alcohol Rehab in New York
Drug Detox in New York
Crack Cocaine Rehab in New York
Xanax Rehab in New New York
Xanax Detox in New New York
Fentanyl Detox in New York